Monday, May 18, 2009

Bluebird-Bluebird

It is the second year this little bluebird and its mate have made their nest in the primitive birdhouse built by my Uncle Kenny. It is fun to sit and watch the two bring in twigs, string, and various other objects to feather their nest.
Last year three little bluebirds were born in the little bird house. I have not yet peeped inside to see how many tiny eggs are snuggled in the nest this year. The parents are very protective of their young, so you have to be ready when they are both gone, and that is a rare occasion, to take your look inside.
Does anyone remember the game "Bluebird-Bluebird"? This little bluebird reminded me of playing that game with my friends in second grade on the old Emerson School basketball court. I don't recall much of the game except holding hands to form a circle and dancing around singing Bluebird, Bluebird. One morning at recess I was playing this game and my little blue spectacles fell off my head, and all I heard was awful crunching noises, and of course, the chanting of Bluebird, Bluebird!
The next morning I was sporting a new pair of pink glasses with three tiny diamonds (or so I thought!) mounted in the pointy ended frames, and I never played Bluebird, Bluebird again.

No comments:

Post a Comment