Tuesday, July 28, 2009

$1.50 Update!


I have been looking for some fabric to recover my dining room chairs. I have had them covered in the same plaid, blue/mauve since, well, you know when-the 80's! They have seen better days for sure! I needed something that was 'grandkid proof' and affordable.
One day during the last few weeks of summer classes, I decided to check out the thrift store near the college. I didn't have any one thing in mind, just looking around. I came around a corner and saw a lady holding up this mishappen shape of fabric. The colors caught my eye first, and then I thought.....OH! That would hide dirt really good! I thought of my chairs! The only problem was that this lady still had the fabric in her hands....that and what was the price. I walked on down the aisle and then turned around and the lady was gone...But the fabric was still there! I zoomed to grab it before someone else saw what a good cover for dirt it would be! The price? $1.50!

Today I laid out the pads and there was exactly enough to cover all four chairs AND a bench! All for one dollar and fifty cents! Here they are, finished! I am happy!





1 comment:

  1. Yay she posted ;)Ha I should be one to talk, I just looked on your side bar and saw that it has been weeks since I posted lol. I see someone has been creative on their time off :) The chairs look lovely, I really like the material and gotta love the price! Don't you just love when things come together like that. Makes your chairs look new and so purtiful (as my daughters say) You would think I would be getting my studio done and creating a storm, but nooo instead I am visiting my mama and thrifting and well doing just about everything else but creating...although you should see all the creative beauties I have made in my head :) Take care and create to your hearts content...one of us at least definately should :) Rose

    ReplyDelete